We pride ourselves on being professional and conscientious in our work.
Our T&Cs outline in legal terms how we achieve that and the limit of our responsibilities etc.
Below are the terms and conditions laid out by Chew Property Services trading as Bristol Sparky from here known as the company and the client.
1. Installation Work:
- All electrical installation work will comply with BS7671:2008 Amendment 3 (2015) and any amendments in force at the time of the works.
- All electrical installation work will comply with applicable Building Regulations in force at the time of the works.
- Where work is to extend or modify existing circuits, costs quoted assume that the existing installation is in adequate condition and complies with minimum current regulations.
- Any works found required to bring the necessary parts of the existing installation up to standard will be at additional cost.
- Unless stated otherwise, all cables will be concealed by chasing into the building fabric or concealed in building voids, under floors, etc.
- Where impracticable, cabling will be neatly surface run, either clipping direct or housed in trunking / conduit.
- Where carpet or flooring coverings may require lifting to allow concealed installation work, no charge is made for this service, with best endeavours being made to avoid damaging them and to refit them to an acceptable standard. However, consideration of employing a specialist fitter may be prudent, at your cost to effect a fully satisfactory reinstatement.
- All endeavours will be made to undertake installation work to a clean standard, using dustsheets and vacuum cleaning equipment as appropriate. Whilst undertaking the installation work at the property, the client is required to provide water and power free of charge.
During periodic inspections and testing unless otherwise agreed certain limitations may apply such as:
- The Main fuse will not be removed.
- Only fixed wiring will be inspected and tested.
- No floor coverings will be lifted to examine cables under floors or in ceiling voids.
- No wall coverings will be removed in order to visually inspect any cables.
- Cables in eaves will not be visually inspected and insulation in loft spaces will not be disturbed in order to visually inspect cables.
- No testing of data nor communication cables will be under taken.
- Central heating cables will not be tested.
- 100% of accessible accessories will be tested.
- Sockets behind heavy furniture and appliances will not tested.
- Where appropriate visual sampling of accessories will be employed.
- No accessory will be removed if there is potential for damage to the surrounding decoration.
- Insulation resistance to be determined where possible with all sensitive equipment removed from associated circuit. If this is not possible alternative versions of the IR test will be used.
- The specific limitations will be discussed with the client and detailed on the final report.
- Clearing and / or moving of furniture and other items blocking access to work areas are not included.
- Except where detailed, builders work (creating of holes larger than 50mm diameter, creating of support structures, etc) are not included, except as outlined in 1d, e and f above.
- Re-decoration and final making good is excluded from quoted costs, unless specifically detailed as included.
- Removal from site and disposal of rubble, fittings, wiring, materials, general waste and packaging is not included.
3. Extras and Variations:
- All extras and variations must be agreed in writing prior to commencement.
- The costs quoted assume continuous and unhindered access to the site by prior arrangement with you.
- Unless stated otherwise, the costs quoted assume standard working hours between the hours of 08:00 hrs – 18:00 hrs Monday to Friday inclusive.
- Work required outside these hours may attract out of hours premium rates.
- Any additional work not covered in our quoted costs will attract additional time charge rate of £25.00 per hour plus materials cost.
- All figures quoted are include VAT at the prevailing rate.
- Itemised Invoicing will be provided on request subject to a £50 administration charge.
- Duplicate invoices, certificates etc. maybe be subject to an administration charge.
5. Cooling Off Period
When making contracts with tradespeople it’s normal for the agreement or contract to be made in your own home.
Because of the location where the contract is agreed, a special Consumer Contract Regulation applies, and you are entitled to a ‘cooling off period’ before being legally committed to go ahead with the work.
The legal ‘cooling off’ time period is currently 14 days. If for any reason you wish for us to start work within those 14 days you will be asked to digitally sign a statement to the effect of:
“I am aware that I can cancel up to 14 days after the day the goods are delivered (the ‘cooling off period’). I give permission for the installation to start during the cooling off period. I am aware that if I cancel I will have to pay your reasonable costs for any work carried out or goods installed before I cancelled.”
6. Deviations from Building Regulations and BS7671:
- All work where applicable, will be executed fully in compliance with applicable Building Regulations and BS7671 in force at the time of the work, particularly in respect of work in dwellings to allow the legal Part P obligations to be met.
- Where a Client requires deviation from such regulations, a written instruction and record will be required.
7. Risk and Title of Goods and Property:
- The risk in all goods supplied shall pass to the Client upon delivery.
- All goods supplied shall remain property of the company until all sums due have been paid in full.
- The client is responsible for ensuring that the property is insured for the duration of the installation work.
- The company warrants its installation work to be defect free for a period of twelve months from invoice date.
- Such cover does not extend to goods not supplied by the company, physical damage to products, or any instance where the original installation has been altered or tampered with subsequently by third parties.
9. Quotations and Payment:
- Quotes are valid for 30 days from date given or in the case of an email quote from the send date.
- Unless agreed in writing payment in full must be made in 7 days of the invoice date to the company.
- In line with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts [Interest] Act 1998 as amended and supplemented by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002, we reserve the right to charge interest on any late payment at the Bank of England Reference Rate plus 8%.